2014 Year End Giving
Sky Foundation, Inc. celebrated its sixth year in 2014, advancing research and awareness of pancreas cancer! Thanks to our generous donors, we are proud to announce several notable accomplishments this year which include:
- Funded seed grants to three pancreas cancer research systems: Karmanos Cancer Institute/ Wayne State University, University of Michigan and University of Washington.
- Dr. Rafael Fridman of Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit, along with his associate Dr. Howard Crawford of the Mayo Clinic in Florida, have been awarded a grant by the National Institutes of Health for their pancreas cancer research project! Sky Foundation funded two seed grants for this project, totaling $100,000.
- Sponsored our annual women's event for the first time at a private home in Bloomfield Hills, attended by 95 women. Our exceptional presenters were Dr. Teri Brentnall, Nancie Petrucelli and Dr. Diane Simeone.
- Instituted a new process for donations made in memory or in honor of a loved one. Contributions go entirely to our research projects.
- Filmed a "Do You Know Where Your Pancreas Is?" video to raise awareness and educate people about pancreas cancer. Viewed by thousands of people nationwide!
- Celebrated our sixth annual Lunch at The Townsend Hotel, attended by over 325 people, exceeding all expectations.
- Expanded our Young Professional Group (YPG), who planned a successful Piston’s game fundraiser.
- Hosted our first corporate dinner to raise awareness of pancreas cancer in the business community.
- Established greater social media exposure on our web site and Facebook page.
Thank you for considering a donation to Sky Foundation, Inc. by year end.
Download Official Letter (PDF)